Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 3 (videos) - First Mushers Arrive at Sawbill (down bound)



1st into Sawbill - Ryan Anderson
Listen for, "Team" being shouted out to alert us that Ryan Anderson is coming into the Sawbill checkpoint, just walking distance from this point (down bound).  "Good morning" is probably not what he needs from me at this point... just rest.


2nd into Sawbill - Nathan Schroeder

I learned not to try to talk to a musher at this point in the race.  Instead, Nathan Schroeder and I exchange a friendly wave.  Nathan is coming into the Sawbill checkpoint, just walking distance from this point (down bound)


Beargrease vs Iditarod
Jake Berkowitz sold his dogs to Jason Campeau.  Without the financial responsibilities, he stays involved by handling for Carl during the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon.  I talk to Jake about the differences between the Iditarod and the Beargrease.  Listening to my interview, I realize I interrupted a conversation... I was just too excited!


3rd or 4th into Sawbill - Jason Campeau
Jason Campeau is Ready to Race.  Check the official Beargrease website for specific race details.  He is obviously proud of his dogs as he arrives at the Sawbill Checkpoint (down bound) during the 2016 John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon.  One of his handlers is Jake Berkowitz multi-time Iditarod and Yukon Quest musher.




No comments:

Post a Comment